Adderall XR 15MG may be habit-forming, and Adderall XR is a drug of abuse. Tell your doctor if you have had problems with drug or alcohol abuse.
Stimulants have caused stroke, heart attack, and sudden death in people with high blood pressure, heart disease, or a heart defect.
You may have blood circulation problems that can cause numbness, pain, or discoloration in your fingers or toes.
Call your doctor right away if you have: signs of heart problems–chest pain, feeling light-headed or short of breath; signs of psychosis–paranoia, aggression, new behavior problems, seeing or hearing things that are not real; signs of circulation problems–unexplained wounds on your fingers or toes.
You may not be able to use this medicine if you have glaucoma, overactive thyroid, severe agitation, moderate to severe high blood pressure, heart disease or coronary artery disease, or a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Do not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.
You may not be able to use Adderall XR 15MG if you are allergic to any stimulant medicine. You may not be able to use this medicine if you have:
- high blood pressure, heart disease, coronary artery disease (hardened arteries);
- overactive thyroid;
- severe anxiety, tension, or agitation (stimulant medicine can make these symptoms worse); or
- a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Some medicines can interact with Adderall XR and cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome.
- heart problems or a congenital heart defect;
- high blood pressure; or
- a family history of heart disease or sudden death.
To make sure this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you or anyone in your family has ever had:
- depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, psychosis, or suicidal thoughts or actions;
- motor tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette’s syndrome;
- seizures or epilepsy;
- an abnormal brain wave test (EEG); or
- blood circulation problems in the hands or feet.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- signs of heart problems–chest pain, trouble breathing, feeling like you might pass out;
- signs of psychosis–hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real), new behavior problems, aggression, hostility, paranoia;
- signs of circulation problems–numbness, pain, cold feeling, unexplained wounds, or skin color changes (pale, red, or blue appearance) in your fingers or toes;
- a seizure (convulsions);
- muscle twitches (tics); or
- changes in your vision.
Adderall XR can affect growth in children. Tell your doctor if your child is not growing at a normal rate while using Adderall XR.
Common side effects may include:
- stomach pain, loss of appetite;
- weight loss;
- mood changes, feeling nervous;
- fast heart rate;
- headache, dizziness;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- dry mouth.